Moving with freedom in the mountains is the best feeling. Unfortunately, this fun is limited to the summer months only in most of the parts of the world. People who love snow mountain climbing usually spend their winters with rock climbing activity. It has been observed that the majority of the experts believe to bring the necessary supplies whenever they start traveling.
It is necessary to have the full survival kits in the backpacks in order to avoid the unexpected situations. Whether you keep tin packed foods or survival diets, never forget to keep the fresh water. You will need 1 Gallon Water Bottle in order to preserve the water for longer. In this article, we are going to share some expert’s tips for the winter climbing.
Find a Mentor:
A person who loves the mountains and knows all about the climbing would be a perfect choice. Remember, spending short days and long nights in the mountainous areas is tough. Getting a person who has experience of winter mountain climbing would provide additional support to make things easier. How do you get the best mentor? This would be easier if you search the local networks. It is recommended to find a person who is local to the mountains. Prefer a person who is not a stranger to you. A mentor who is a friend of your friend or known by someone you know is the best choice.
Know About Avalanche And Snow Hazards:
Before you move to mountains or pack your belongings, it is necessary to see the maps. Getting information about the avalanche terrain and other types of hazards is important. In most of the cases, winter climbers take advanced avalanche courses. Professional, as well as military institutes, usually offer such training programs and courses. On the other hand, see the avalanche weather forecasts. Don’t be worried about the forecasts because most of the highly visited mountain zones have avalanche centers.
Understanding the snow hazards is another important task. You can’t be prepared for the unexpected conditions if you don’t know about them. The mentors will not train you for this. They expect you to have all the basic information and training in this regard. Therefore, you are suggested to take a course at the professional institute in your area. Pay attention towards the most common hazards such as cornices.
1 Gallon Coldest Water Bottle BUY NOW
Pack Your Easy Objectives:
Start small in order to make an easy to carry pack. There are so many things you will need to cover in this matter. First of all, buy a growler backpack which is a rainproof packing option with several side pockets. Don’t forget to get 1 Gallon Water Bottle. Why is this 1 Gallon Bottle important for winter climbing? Here are the reasons.
- People do winter climbing in the areas far from the urban facilities. You will not get water supplies there. This bottle stores 21 oz to 1 Gallon Water for several days.
- Snow creates a cold environment around. It is necessary to drink more water to avoid the dehydration. The 1 Gallon Water Bottle will serve you best in this regard.
- It delivers toxin and pollutant free water because of the double insulated stainless steel walls.
- This water bottle stops bacteria, fungi and other microorganisms outside the bottle. It happens because of the airtight water storage. The lid of this bottle is very strong.
- Easy water drinking is possible with one hand because of the lid and straw. It means that there is no need to open the lid again and again.
- The 1 Gallon Water Bottle refreshes the mind and body. It is important to drink hot water to relax the respiratory muscles. You can make it possible with the amazing insulation in this water bottle.
- With this professional water bottle, you make your own water reserve. Now you don’t need to see others for a sip of fresh water.
- With these water bottles can keep hot liquids up to 24 hours also.
Pick Easy Route:
Remember, choosing the wrong route for winter climbing is not a wise decision. Professionals always see maps and routes in order to pick the easiest one. You have to save time, energy and life supplies. As a matter of fact, you can’t bring tons of life-saving supplies for winter climbing. Therefore, it is necessary to see the shortest routes in order to spend time with the shortest supplies. Avalanche or mountain routes are categorized according to grades based on difficulty in climbing. Grade 1 or 2 is best for the beginners. Rest grades can be selected based on your knowledge and experience. Never choose climbing routes on the bases of summer memories. Things that were easier in the summer always become challenging in the winters. Here are some ideal winter climbing routes in the USA.
- Lion Head Route, (6288’) Mt. Washington, New Hampshire.
- Worm Flows Route, (8364’) Mt. St. Helens, Washington.
- East Ridge, (14,265’) Quandary Park, Colorado.
Find The Best Clothing:
In order to survive in winter, it is important to have warm clothes. However, it is not possible to wear several sweaters and jackets as you have to keep yourself less heavy. Clothing should be selected according to the season, weather, route and location. Prefer buying the professional winter climbing tracksuits. These are easily available in the local markets. Other basic materials to grab are given here.
- Down Parka.
- Soft as well as hard shell pants.
- Hard shell jackets.
- Sunglass (category three or four lenses only).
- 1 Gallon Water Bottle
Will You Spend Nights There?
It is an important decision to make. Nights are not easy for winter climbers. Chilling conditions become a big challenge, especially without any light. It would be better to consider the sub-freezing temperature. See the forecasting about the mountain range. Only experienced and professional winter climbers should take such challenging decisions. Bring the double wall tent to save you from cold weather. This helps to reduce the condensation. Also, keep the sleeping bag which will keep your body warm. Keep taking sips of hot water from the 1 Gallon Water Bottle. All these practices will allow you to take the real fun of challenging winter climbing.