Weight reduction is 70% Diet and 30% workout.
So if one wants to reduce weight no mater it’s fat or muscle best way is to reduce calories intake and doing cardio workouts.
But if one wants reduce the body fat and keep the lean muscles on, then it requires healthy diet along with weight training and some cardio exercises.
Reduction of Carbs and adding good amount of protein in daily meals will help to burn the stored fat fast. Protein keeps you full for longer and that makes one less crave for food.
Exercise! Burn out! Go to gym regularly. Trust me that feeling of losing calories is so immensely satisfying! But believe me; you’ll lose interest within 2 weeks. Dropout rates are very high for gyms.
Which is why focus on the food you eat.
- Don’t starve yourself, never sleep with empty stomach.
- Instead continue eating what you have daily. But avoid the high calorie food you usually have along with it. Eat roti, but with no butter. Eat dal, with no ghee. Have milk, with no sugar.
- Avoided chicken, mutton etc. In order to satisfy your non-veg food craving, have fish which has high protein and less fat.
- Have skimmed milk. Have green tea instead of the normal one.
- Avoid sugar at all costs. Stop taking soft drinks. Instead have neembu pani or coconut water when you feeling like having a drink.
- The evening snack plays a major role in putting on weight. Avoid samosas, chaat and all the deep fried snacks in the evening. Instead satisfy your hunger with fried nuts, sweet corn or butter milk.
- Mostly importantly remember the famous line. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dine like a pauper. So have a light dinner, finish it with a big glass of smooth butter milk, which will make you feel heavy thereby will stop you from craving for sweets.
Remember, prevention is better than cure. Be rich or poor if you don’t have good health, you have nothing.
Obesity has become a major problem in everyone today. In the personality conscious world these days, keeping yourself healthy and fit will not only save you from diseases but also help you win hearts in social circuit. A lot of people ensure they have enough time to hit the gym or go for a run. But for those of you who have a tight schedule, these 7 ways to lose weight might just help you reduce those extra kilos.
1) Try to work out in the morning– This might be hard to follow but it will help you a lot if you get on the right track as morning is the best time to speed up your metabolism through exercises. Late meetings, events in the evening might hamper with your exercise time if you work out in the evening. You will be able to work out every day if you get used working out in the morning.
2) Eating habits– It is better to eat smaller potions more number of times a day. It is not necessary for you to eat less or eat something different. Eat how much ever of healthy food of small portions.
3) Walking– Replace your bikes/cars with your own foot or better drive a cycle to cover distances. If you are going a few blocks away to buy grocery, walk. It is the best exercise anyone could ever do. You can always install apps to help you measure how much you have walked and try to increase.
4) Sleep– Your work out is not complete without proper rest. It is very necessary for one to sleep for at least seven to eight hours a day. It might be hard to get enough sleep, but you have to ensure you sleep enough. Make changes to help you with the same.
5) Drink sufficient water– Sipping water can fight off fatigue, prevent dehydration and even keeps you away from hunger. Also it will detoxify your body and will make your skin glow.
6) Stand at your desk– Standing improves your blood sugar level which is a good thing for weight loss. Research also shows that people burn nine calories while standing.
7) Always use stairs– Stop using the elevators. Try to use the stairwell as much as you can. When you reach your workplace, forget the elevator exits and use the stairs.
After all a healthy mind stays in a healthy body.
For my patients with abnormal weight gain my treatment protocol is as follows:
- Capture a detailed clinical history and document to determine the extent of obesity and its impact on health.
- Determine baseline weight-related physical parameters.
- Order a comprehensive lab panel as per clinical picture.
- Optimize metabolic parameters.
- Optimize nutrients like VitD and B12.
- Balance hormones particularly Thyroids, cortisol, insulin and sex hormones.
- Recommend a supervised diet. Cosider food allergies too when planning diet
- Help the patient get into a structured exercise routine.
- Treat co-morbidities, if any.
- Have a proactive follow-up plan to ensure targets and goals are achieved.
Best way to reduce weight is to manage your nutrition and workout.
- Nutrition— You should be in a calorie deficit first of all. Avoid all the junk which has unwanted calories. Limit sugar. Increase your protein intake. If you are non vegetarian then you can have chicken breast which has lower amount of calories and high amount of protein. Fishes are also good choice for lean protein sources. If you are vegetarian then have broccoli, paneer etc. Limit your carbohydrates to moderate level.
- Workout— is the key factor here. It should be like 4 times a week for at least 30 minutes. With that you should be weight training as well to keep the body shape well. Do ABS workout alternative days.